Surprising Convergence Properties of Some Simple Gibbs Samplers under Various Scans
- Gareth O. Roberts
- Jeffrey S. Rosenthal
AbstractWe examine the convergence properties of some simple Gibbs sampler examples under various scans. We find some surprising results, including Gibbs samplers where deterministic-scan is much more efficient than random-scan, and other samplers where the opposite is true. We also present an example where the convergence takes precisely the same time with any fixed deterministic scan, but modifying the scan in any way leads to significantly slower convergence.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- UCR Library
- Wendy SmithEditorial Assistant