Asymptotic Distribution of Cramer-von Mises Statistic When Contamination Exists
- Mayumi Naka
- Ritei Shibata
AbstractIn this paper, asymptotic distribution of Cram\'er-von Mises goodness-of-fit test statistic is investigated when contamination exists.
We first derive the asymptotic distribution of the Cram\'er-von Mises statistic when the observations are contaminated with noise as a mixture.
The result is extended to the case where the parameters are estimated by the minimum distance estimator,
which minimizes the Cram\'er-von Mises statistic.
In both cases the asymptotic distribution of the Cram\'er-von Mises statistic is given by that of the weighted infinite sum of non-central $\chi^2_1$ variables and the effect of contamination appears only in the non-centrality of the variables.
We also demonstrate the robustness of the goodness-of-fit test by Monte Carlo simulations when the parameters are estimated
by the minimum distance estimator and the maximum likelihood estimator.
Numerical experiments indicate that the use of the minimum distance estimator makes the test insensitive to contamination whereas the power is retained almost the same as that of the maximum likelihood estimator.
- Full Text: PDF
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- h-index (December 2021): 20
- i10-index (December 2021): 51
- h5-index (December 2021): N/A
- h5-median(December 2021): N/A
( The data was calculated based on Google Scholar Citations. Click Here to Learn More. )
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- DTU Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- UCR Library
- Wendy SmithEditorial Assistant