Developing a New Model for Conversion Rate Optimization: A Case Study
- Pim Soonsawad
This paper will discuss conversion rate optimization in online retail environments. The paper reviews previous
literature on the topic and then examines how one company has created its own model and used the model to
successfully to enhance Internet businesses’ conversion rate optimization. The paper will then synthesize all of
the factors seen in the literature and the case study model into a new model.
A variety of academic papers on the factors affecting the decision-making process of online customers from
2004 through 2012 were examined and an in-depth face-to-face interview was conducted with the founder of
Clixo at a 2012 United States “online marketing” forum, with a follow-up interviews conducted via email. The
paper discusses the effectiveness of the new model.
This paper identifies the variables that influence online customer behavior and discusses the importance each of
the seven elements; catalyst, persuasion, usability, interactivity, trust, aesthetics, and marketing mix. The
interrelationship of the elements at each stage of the customer decision-making process is reviewed.
The paper illustrates how e-Retailers can apply the elements of the framework in delivering a website experience
likely to maximize the number of purchases from online visitors, and to reinforce post-purchase confidence.
The paper identifies two additional key elements in conversion rate optimization and develops a new model that
incorporates the two new elements. This new hierarchical model presents the elements stage-by-stage to help
online retailers to convert visitors into customers.
Google-based Impact Factor (2023): 0.81
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universe Digital Library
- UoS Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant