Journal of Food Research (JFR) is an international, double-blind peer-reviewed, open-access journal, published by the Canadian Center of Science and Education. It publishes original research, applied, and educational articles in all areas of food science and technology.
The journal is under the editorial leadership of Antonello Santini, PhD, Professor of Food Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy, University of Napoli "Federico II", Napoli, Italy. View the entire Editorial Board.
Authors are encouraged to submit complete, unpublished, original works that are not under review in any other journals. The journal is published in both print and online versions. The online version is free access and download.
The scopes of the journal include, but are not limited to, the following fields:
- History and culture of food
- Novel foods and sensory analysis
- Food quality and safety
- Food chemistry and toxicology
- Food microbiology
- Food nutrition and health
- Nutraceuticals and functional food
- Food engineering and physical properties
- Food laws and regulations
- Food economics and marketing
- Concise reviews and hypotheses in food science
- Any other topic related to food
The journal is abstracted/indexed in:
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Global Health
- More >>
2016 Q2: Articles Received: 23; Accepted: 20; Rejected: 5; Published: 15; Retracted: 0
2016 Q1: Articles Received: 24; Accepted: 23; Rejected: 5; Published: 16; Retracted: 0
2015: Articles Received: 154; Accepted: 98; Rejected: 52; Published: 83; Retracted: 0
2014: Articles Received: 139; Accepted: 85; Rejected: 52; Published: 83; Retracted: 0
2013: Articles Received: 146; Accepted: 91; Rejected: 46; Published: 108; Retracted: 0
- Authors must ensure that their papers are free of spelling and grammatical errors and typos.
- A separate title page (Title Page Template) of an article should contain the title of the paper, name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s).
- The first page of an article (Paper Template) should contain an abstract not exceeding 250 words and a maximum of eight keywords.
- Equations in the text should be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals within simple brackets and aligned against the right margin.
- All appendices should be numbered consecutively using uppercase roman numerals and shown after the list of references.
- References should be cited within the text as follows: According to Wickremasinghe (2005), foreign exchange market … These results are inconsistent with those of other studies (Perera, 1995; Silva, 2000)
- List of references should show each citation in alphabetical order and follow the style of APA
- Author should register with the journal before submitting manuscripts.
- Page proofs will be sent to the corresponding author. The corrected manuscripts should be submitted, and the publication fee should be paid within 10 working days.
Paper Selection and Publication Process
a). Upon receipt of paper submission, the Editor sends an E-mail of confirmation to the corresponding author within 1-3 working days. If you fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/e-mail may be missed. Please contact the Editor in time for that.
b). Peer review. We use double-blind system for peer-review; both reviewers and authors’ identities remain anonymous. The paper will be peer-reviewed by three experts; two reviewers from outside and one editor from the journal typically involve in reviewing a submission. The review process may take 2-3 weeks.
c). Notification of the result of review by E-mail.
d). The authors revise paper and pay publication fee (300USD).
e). After publication, the corresponding author will receive two copies of printed journals, free of charge.
f). E-journal in PDF is available on the journal’s webpage, free of charge for download.
The publisher and journal have a policy of “Zero Tolerance on the Plagiarism”. We check the plagiarism issue through two methods: reviewer check and plagiarism prevention tool (ithenticate.com).
All submissions will be checked by iThenticate before being sent to reviewers.
JFR, Vol. 5, No. 4, August 2016: Call for Papers
Journal of Food Research (JFR) is calling for submission of papers for the Vol. 5, No. 4, August 2016 issue. You are cordially invited to submit manuscripts to JFR. If you are interested in submitting a manuscript to JFR, please view the journal’s profile and submit your manuscripts online.
We also would like to cooperate with other institutions to publish special issues.
All manuscripts should be written in English and prepared in MS-Word format.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Vol 5, No 4 (2016)
Table of Contents
Keri Lipscomb, James Rieck, Paul Dawson
Grace Annagmeng Mwini, Sarah Darkwa
Ojinnaka, Dong, Emeh, T. C., Okorie, S. U.
Sensory, Physicochemical and Microbiological Characteristics of Venison Jerky Cured with NaCl and KCl
Wannee Tangkham, Frederick LeMieux
Effects of Long Term Exposure to Aspirin on Growth, Functionality and Protein Profile of Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG) (ATCC 53103)
Temitayo Obanla, Sarah Adjei-Fremah, Rabin Gyawali, Tahl Zimmerman, Mulumebet Worku, Salam A. Ibrahim
Consumer Acceptability and Descriptive Characterization of Fresh and Dried King Oyster (Pleurotus eryngii) and Hedgehog (Hydnum repandum) Mushrooms
Elisa A. S. F. Boin, Cláudia M. A. M. Azevedo, João M. S. A. Nunes, Manuela M. Guerra
Phenotypic and Genotypic Characterization of Cronobacter isolated from Powdered Infant Formula Retailed in Nigeria
Abimbola Rashidat Ezeh, Olusimbo Olugbo Aboaba, Barbara E Murray, Ben Davies Tall, Stella Ifeanyi Smith
Nutrient Composition and Adequacy of two Locally Formulated Winged Termite (Macrotermes Bellicosus) Enriched Complementary Foods
ADEPOJU Oladejo Thomas, AJAYI Kayode