Non-Identifiability of Simultaneous Spatial Autoregressive Model and Singularity of Fisher Information Matrix
- Yuuki Rikimaru
- Ritei Shibata
AbstractSimultaneous spatial autoregressive model is widely used for spatial data analysis, observed at a set of grid points in a space. However a problem, not so well known, is that there exists no unique model unlike time series AR model for given autocovariances or spectral density. We show that such a non-identifiability of the model implies existence of multiple maximum likelihood estimates under Gaussianity and causes non-estimability of parameters and the singularity of Fisher information matrix. Several types of necessary and sufficient conditions for the singularity are given.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- UCR Library
- Wendy SmithEditorial Assistant