The Probability of Pathogenicity in Clinical Genetic Testing: A Solution for the Variant of Uncertain Significance
- Michael Gollob
- Jeffrey S. Rosenthal
- Kevin Thorpe
AbstractWe present a direct calculation for determining the probability that a rare genetic variant is the cause of an observed disease, under appropriate assumptions, in terms of the joint prevalence of the disease and of rare variants. Our calculation provides a resolution of the so-called ``variant of unknown (or uncertain) significance'' problem, which has plagued medical genetics researchers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- Library and Archives Canada
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- UC Riverside Library
- Wendy SmithEditorial Assistant