What Makes an “Effective” Leader: The Application of Leadership
- Charles E. Notar
- Carol S. Uline
- Charlotte King Eady
This article is based on the premise that leadership is leadership, whatever the profession. A number of “leaders” from various enterprises are discussed to determine the basic tenets of leadership. The nine tenets of leadership are:
(1) Think and Act Strategically.
(2) Understand and Demonstrate the Elements of Teams and Teamwork.
(3) Master Small Group Decision Making.
(4) Clearly Define Roles and Relationships.
(5) Establish and Abide by a Leader-Subordinate Partnership.
(6) Implement Systematic Evaluation of Policy.
(7) Allocate Leader Time/Energy Appropriately.
(8) Set Clear Rules and Procedures for Meetings.(9) Learn and Develop Continuously as a Leader.
h-index : 62
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- DESY Publication Database
- DTU Findit (DTU Library)
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Ghent University Library
- HOLLIS (Harvard Library)
- Infotrieve (Copyright Clearance Center)
- Jisc Library Hub Discover
- LSE Library
- Microsoft Academic
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Polska Bibliografia Naukowa
- Southwest-German Union Catalogue
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- University Library (USask)
- Chris LeeEditorial Assistant