Does Diversification Affect Capital Structure and Profitability in Pakistan?
- Muhammad Azeem Qureshi
- Waqas Akhtar
- Muhammad Imdadullah
AbstractDiversification has become a common strategy of corporate risk management along with availing other potential benefits. The intent of this study is to identify and analyze the nature of relationship that exists between diversification and capital structure as well as profitability in Pakistan. For this purpose we use the 10 years’ (2000-2009) data of all the companies of chemical and food sector listed at the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE). We find that the diversified firms are more profitable. Using independent variables of firm size, growth and tangibility the results show that whenever significant, the relationship is associated with greater amount of debt held by the firms.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant