Phenological and Growth Interactions between Velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti M.) and Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)
- Cortes-Martín J.A.
- Mendiola-Ubillo M.A.
- Castejon-Munoz M.
AbstractThe phenology and growth of A. theophrasti in competition with cotton, and the influenced of weed sowing time and
weed plant density on phenology and growth were examined in several field studies conducted over the period
2000–2002. A. theophrasti was found to produce three cohorts that emerged in a staggered manner from April 21 to
June 20. The first cohort emerged simultaneously with cotton under a plastic cover and the second by the time cotton
plants had 5–6 true leaves. Flowering in these two cohorts started at 572–594 growing degree-days (GDD), boll
ripening (stage H) at 800–885 GDD and boll drying at 1020–1037 GDD.
Velvetleaf and cotton cotyledons were formed simultaneously at all weed sowing densities. Also, plant height of A.
theophrasti increased with increasing density, whereas cotton height decreased due to shad and competition.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
(The data was calculated based on Google Scholar Citations)
- Google-based Impact Factor (2018): 2.28
- h-index (December 2018): 31
- i10-index (December 2018): 304
- h5-index (December 2018): 22
- h5-median (December 2018): 27
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CAB Abstracts
- CNKI Scholar
- DESY Publication Database
- DTU Findit (DTU Library)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- FindIt@Bham (UoB Library)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- HOLLIS (Harvard Library)
- Index Copernicus
- Infotrieve (Copyright Clearance Center)
- Jisc Library Hub Discover
- Library of Congress
- LIVIVO (ZB MED)
- LSE Library
- Max Planck Institutes
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Southwest-German Union Catalogue
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- University Library (USask)
- WRLC Catalog
- Anne BrownEditorial Assistant