The Impact of Inflation on Financial Sector Development: Evidence from Nigeria
- Afangideh U. J.
- Garbobiya T. S.
- Umar F. B.
- Usman N.
This paper examines the Impact of inflation on financial sector development in Nigeria using quarterly data from 2002-2017. Financial sector development is proxied using money supply as a share of GDP (M2/GDP).The Auto-Regressive Distributive lag (ARDL) model is employed to carry out the estimation given the weakness of the Engle-Granger residual-based cointegration technique to test the long-run and short-run effects of the impacts of inflation on financial sector development. The results of the estimation reveal that there is a positive and statistically significant relationship between inflation and financial sector development in Nigeria. There is need to test for threshold effects of inflation on financial development in Nigeria.
- Academic Journals Database
- Directory of Research Journals Indexing
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- Harvard Library E-Journals
- IBZ Online
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Zeitschriften daten bank (ZDB)
- Michael ZhangEditorial Assistant