The Role of E-Commerce on the Auditing Practices
- Firas A.N Al-Dalabih
- Mohammad Enizan Al-Sharairi
This study aims to identify the role of E-commerce on the auditing practices in the Jordanian banking sector.
The sample of this study consisted of 120 selected from five banks in the north region in Jordan. These banks are: The Housing Bank for Trade and Finance, Union Bank, National Bank of Jordan, Arab Bank and Capital Bank, whereas a questionnaire was designed and distributed to them. A total of (100) questionnaire was retrieved that are valid for statistical analysis formed about 83.3% of overall distributed questionnaires; and the questionnaires have been analyzed using SPSS statistical software.
The results of the study indicate that there is a significant role of E-commerce in auditing process in the Jordanian commercial banks, beside that it was revealed that Jordanian commercial banks face many types of E-commerce risks associated with auditing, and the most risk that they faced was the lack of the auditors knowledge on the concepts of information technology and how they are used in auditing.
This study recommended the Jordanian commercial banks to conduct training courses for their auditors regarding the concepts of information technology, how to use them in auditing and the nature of the websites and how it design.
- Academic Journals Database
- CNKI Scholar
- Directory of Research Journals Indexing
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- Harvard Library E-Journals
- IBZ Online
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Zeitschriften daten bank (ZDB)
- Michael ZhangEditorial Assistant