We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the International Congress on Social & Cultural Studies (ICSCS 2013). Higher Education Studies (HES) will publish a special issue comprising a selection of papers presented at the conference.
International Congress on Social & Cultural Studies (ICSCS 2013)
FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja-Nigeria
18-21 August, 2013
Professor Addison M. Wokocha
Registrar, Teachers Registration Council, Abuja-Nigeria
Professor Shobana Nelasco
Bharathidasan University, India
Professor Gerhard Berchtold
Vice-Rector, Universidad Azteca, Chalco-Mexico
Professor Peter U. Akanwa
Dean, College of Business Administration,
Imo State University, Owerri-Nigeria
The Programme Committee is pleased to invite you to take part in the 2013 International Congress on Social and Cultural Studies (ICSCS 2013) that will be held at FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja-Nigeria on the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of August, 2013.
The mission of the congress is to further the advancement and innovation in business, technology, and economics in the global community. As the world becomes increasingly global, new ways to explore learn, and share knowledge are needed. The event serves as a means to connect and engage economists, business executives, technologists, educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, scientists, consultants, training managers, policy makers, curriculum developers, and others in the topics and fields in economics and business.
ICSCS 2013 will be an International Forum for those who wish to present their research, projects and innovations, having also the opportunity to discuss the main aspects and the latest results in the fields of Political Science, Humanities, Anthropology, Law, Religion, Sociology, Economics, Education, Business, Environment and Technology. Our aim is to inspire and provoke crucial discussions and debates. The event will boast critical thinking and reconsider policies and practices.
It would be most highly appreciated if you can pass this information on to your colleagues who might be interested in our event.
We the Program Committee on behalf of the cooperating partners feel honoured to be hosting the conference in Nigeria and look forward to seeing you in Abuja.
Peter U. Akanwa, PhD
2013 International Congress on Social and Cultural Studies (ICSCS 2013) is organized by African Society for the Scientific Research (ASSR) and African Association for Teaching and Learning with the Support and Cooperation of: International Association for the Scientific Knowledge, Portugal; Teachers Registration Council, Abuja-Nigeria; Mediterranean Center for Social and Educational Research, Italy; Universidad Azteca, Mexico and other international co-sponsoring partners.
•Gender and Women
•Peace and Conflict
•Citizenship and Nationalism
•Innovation and Change
•Policing and Security
•Media and Publicity
•Labour and employment
•Racism and Ethinicism
•Ageing and Death
•Pension and Social Security
•Advocacy and networking
•Commerce and Trade
•Budgeting and Finance
•Power and Identity
Information for Authors
1. The paper should be A4 format. Left, right, top and bottom margins should be 2.00 cm each. English is the official language of the conference.
2. Title should be 14-point, all in capital letters, bold and centered.
3. Font size throughout the paper should be 12-point in Garamond, in single space, and justified.
4. The whole text should be written with “Garamond”.
5. Do not give page numbers for the paper.
6. A blank line should be left after the title. Names of authors, affiliations and e-mails should be provided after the title.
7. Following the authors’ information, a 200-word abstract should be provided with five keywords. The “Abstract” should be a summary of the paper.
8. Graphics and pictures should be prepared in black and white.
9. One blank line should be allowed between the components of the paper (i.e. introduction, methods and procedures, results, conclusion, references.). Main headings should be centered, bold and capitalized. The second level of headings should be title case and bold. The third level should be italicized and upper- and lower-case heading.
10. For titles of tables, graphics and pictures, sentence case should be used.
11. Texts used in Tables, graphics and pictures should be Garamond. The font size can be reduced to 10 pt.
12. References should be at the end of the paper and should be listed alphabetically. References and citations within the text should be prepared in the APA format.
13. Abbreviations should comply with the standard use. They should be given in full format at the first place they are used.
14. The paper should be maximum 10 pages.
15. SI unit should be employed where applicable.
16. Only proposals containing abstract and full texts are acceptable. We do not welcome only abstracts.
17. All submissions must be by email attachment preferably in MS words. We do not accept hard copies.
18. All papers must adhere to this template in format. No paper can be processed if not formatted according to the stated rules and regulations.
19. Papers submitted after July 30, 2013 may be presented at the conference but they may not be published in the conference book.
20. All papers should be submitted to:
Who Should Attend
The Congress attracts a range of economists, social scientists, researchers, technologists, teachers, students, activists, administrators, business professionals and others. Attendees join together to share ideas, experiences, views and their passions.
If you want to chair a session, organize a panel, evaluate papers to be published in the congress proceeding, books or journals, contribute to the editing or any other offer to assist, please send an email.
All Participants must complete the registration form. Payment of Congress registration should be made in USD in the form of bank transfer (all costs at Participant’s charge). We request that you send us a computer print-out copy of the bank transfer and the duely completed registration form by email attachment. Additional information is provided on the registration form. Without the receipt of your completed registration form, print-out copy of the bank transfer and signed Copyright Agreement, it means you are not registered for the Congress.
NB: The bank transfer is the method of payment. Payment in local currency is only possible for delegates resident in Nigeria. Please contact the event Organizers for bank account’s details. The registration will be confirmed upon receipt of the registration fee. In case of cancellation, there will be no refund of registration fees. Congress fee includes the cost of publishing the papers and admission to all sessions. In order to receive a free copy of the Congress Proceedings, Certificates and other materials. Authors are requested to personally attend the congress and present the accepted paper(s).
Funding and Grant
Aiming at encouraging intended participants, the congress organizers have created a solidarity fund. A limited sponsorship is available for participants from the developing countries. Young scholars below the rank of Senior Lecturer or its equivalent and women are particularly encouraged to apply. A written request is required. A letter of reference is needed. Support may be in the form of full sponsorship including travel grants and boarding or partial sponsorship.
Prof. Shobana Nelasco
Bharathidasan University, India
Prof. Peter U. Akanwa
Imo State University, Nigeria
Prof. Gerhard Berchtold
Universidad Azteca, Mexico
Dr Austin N. Nosike
The Granada Management Institute, Spain
Prof. Samir Mohamed Alredaisy
University of Khartoun, Sudan
Dr Asoluka C. Njoku
Dean, School of Social Sciences
Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri-Nigeria
Hotels are available around the congress venue. Accommodation will be arranged in the hotels on request If any participants need accommodation, the conference organizers can reserve rooms for them. Cheap rooms in lower category hotels are also available. Room type will be allocated as per your requirements according to availability. Please indicate on the registration form, your choice for stay so that the advance booking will be made on behalf of the concerned delegates. Price of accommodation ranges from US$65 to US$250 per night
Delegates who are not Nigerians need visa to enter Nigeria. Participants will be assisted to obtain a visa. Please contact the organizers for details. Visitors entering Nigeria may require travel/health insurance and some medical inoculations according to immigrations laws. International participants should contact the nearest Nigerian Embassies/High Commissions/Consulates and the requirements for travel/health insurance and inoculations.
For more information or clarification on any aspect of the Congresses, please contact the secretariat:
The Congress Co-Chair, ICSCS 2013
College of Business of Business Administration
(Office of the Dean)
Imo State University
Attn: Professor Peter U. Akanwa
Higher Education Studies ISSN 1925-4741 (Print) ISSN 1925-475X (Online)
Copyright © Canadian Center of Science and Education
To make sure that you can receive messages from us, please add the 'ccsenet.org' domain to your e-mail 'safe list'. If you do not receive e-mail in your 'inbox', check your 'bulk mail' or 'junk mail' folders.